Eden Background

Friday, June 11, 2010

To Be Absent From the Body


This week this world lost a lovely friend, brother, son & warrior, but our loss was surely heaven's gain. Sweet Matthew Fay was completely healed of his 3 1/2 year battle with cancer when he went to be with the Lord. It has been so bittersweet to recall the numerous memories that have flooded my mind as I have reminisced on his precious life.
For as far back as I can remember, Matthew was a part of my life. We both grew up in the same church, went to elementary school together, were in youth group together and many years our families spent holidays celebrating together. Matthew was always found with a smile on his face and always had a sweet embrace whenever we met or were parting. When my family moved to Florida almost 10 years ago, I am sad to say that we lost touch a little, but I never forgot what a good friend he was. Sadly, 3 1/2 years ago he was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and endured countless chemotherapy treatments and tests. I have not spoken with him in person since his diagnosis, although I did send letters and emails and it saddens me that I will not be able to go to the funeral, but I know that because he is absent from his body that he is present with the Father, in heaven and I rejoice greatly at that knowledge.

Please pray for Greg, Nancy and Ian Fay as they mourn the worldly loss of this precious man. Pray also for all of those whose lives Matthew touched. He will truly be missed!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment