Eden Background

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gray but Okay

Yesterday I spent much of the day sanding and priming my piece of furniture that is currently under-going an update. During the project I spent a lot of time reflecting on things - things that make me sad and things that I'm thankful for. Our small group just lost a member on Tuesday. Muire Parham passed away after being in a seizure-induced coma. She had been battling brain tumors for 3 years. While I was thinking about her precious family, I was reminded of how precious my family is to me. My Mom called and I talked to her a little. I told her about Muire and we reflected on my Mom's own illness (Stage IV breast cancer a little over 2 years ago). As we talked, we both agreed that we didn't understand why God chose to heal her (Mom) but why He doesn't heal others.

I am so thankful for my Mother's health (she has been cancer free for about a year and a half!). I am also very thankful for my husband, his family, my own dear family (this includes my close friends) and, of course, my sweet puppy.






I am still working on my furniture up-date. Hopefully tomorrow will render the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. i love your profile picture on here. i'm jealous of your pretty curls. and the picture of the pup is too cute. keep 'em comin'

    :)

    ReplyDelete