Eden Background

Saturday, September 25, 2010

One week down

Well, it's been a week since I dropped my beloved off at the airport and sent him off into the big wide world. I have survived, but there have been touch and go moments for sure.

After a ridiculously trying day in class (sitting in straight lecture for 7+ hours) I came home, worked out, went and got sushi and red wine and currently I am dreaming of trips.

Dave and I are considering going to visit some beloved friends in Princeton, NJ and making a brief stop over in NYC. He gave me the go ahead to start plans, but I can't decide where to leave from and where to arrive, etc. Plus, I fear that my expectations are getting much larger than the time frame we are allowing ourselves to be there.

I tend to do that a lot, you know.....dream bigger than my britches.

I want to stand on the Brooklyn Bridge and take pictures; I want to go to Chinatown and experience it; I want to meander around and go in random stores; I want to spend time in Central Park; I want to go into stores everyone has to go in - like drug stores. They aren't unique to tourists. Locals have to get their essentials too. I want to go in the grocery store and just try and be normal there. But it isn't normal. It is such a fun place filled with anything and everything anyone would want to do.

See....my dreams are running away....

No comments:

Post a Comment