Eden Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back to Reality

After spending almost 2 weeks away from home, I will be re-entering the world of reality tomorrow. Consisting of driving home, doing laundry, cleaning my house and doing quite a bit of preparing for school, the remainder of this week will most likely be the most difficult of the time while my hubbers (he hates when I call him that or anything of that nature) is away.

My trip to visit my lovely sister was quite a success; meaning that we had a lot of fun and laughed a lot. I got to Kansas City Friday afternoon. We walked around my my sister's neighborhood, which is a shopping plaza, surrounded by cute architecture, retail stores, coffee shops, restaurants and LOTS of flowers and trees (all of which were in beautiful bloom). Saturday consisted of an early morning wake-up call in order to make it to the Olathe Half Marathon. We ran the whole thing together and our official finishing time was 2:15:10. We were so proud and thrilled that we were able to do the race together!We vowed that we would eat whatever we wanted to after the race without guilt or second thoughts. So we visited a friend in a nearby city for some frozen yogurt and then our dinner consisted of burgers and onion rings compliments of Blanc Burgers.

Sunday we woke up on our own, went to church and walked around the city to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum.

Monday I went to school with Laura for a 1/2 day so I could meet her kids and the other teachers at her school. It was so fun to get to know what makes up her day to day happenings.

I think we got to do everything we wanted to do. It was so nice to be there for an extended weekend so we didn't have to rush through things. We had some definite quality sister time that I truly value with all my being. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to spend that time with her.

For those of you that have been keeping up and prayed for our race, thank you for thinking of us.

1 comment:

  1. Meliss,

    It was a wonderful weekend for me too! I loved every minute of having you here! I love you and am so glad you came to visit me! I'll be in your area next and we can do anything St. Augustiny :) that you want!! I love!!

    ReplyDelete