Eden Background

Friday, April 2, 2010

12 miles is like 12 smiles

Beesley got a new bed today and even though it took her a little while to accept that it was hers, she finally made herself at home. She fits much better in it than she did in her old one.

So today marks the one week before the 1/2 marathon. I ran 12 miles this morning in order to make sure I am prepared. It was brutal, but I made it somehow and now as I sit icing my shins, my excitement is getting greater. I'm pretty sure that the majority of my excitement is based around the fact that I will be spending time with my sister, but some of that excitement is that I will be taking part in an event that I never thought I would be able to even consider completing.

After my run I went shopping with a very dear friend to look for a dress for Easter. I ended up finding one and then found a couple additional items (as per usual) to add to my spring wardrobe. Isn't it funny how changes in seasons really inspire the desire to go shopping and get new clothes - even though you still have spring/summer-y clothes in your wardrobe.

Well, I'm watching Twilight (I know, I know) and as always....thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. a few thoughts:
    1. Bees is PRECIOUS!! i love her with all of my heart!
    2. I can't wait for you to get here and live the "semi-city" life with me and meet my kids and see my day to day life!
    3. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for working so hard to get to this point in your running! it's going to be so nice to run with you!

    I love!

    ReplyDelete