Eden Background

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flury Pole


Yesterday I was talking with a friend and he was typing on his iPhone and it was trying to auto-finish his text message and I found it extremely funny. Here is what the text was supposed to say: "I would give you $5 for a drive thru diet coke." Here's what the iPhone wanted to say: "I would give you $5 for a drive thru flury pole."

How would an auto-text get flury pole from diet coke? There's an extra letter in flury! Anyway, I am still physically laughing even as I type this, a day later.

On another note, I found out that I am going to be able to go see my parents for Easter and I will get to stay down there until I get back from my trip to Kansas City. I am very excited, it will be a great break! I think I'll call it my Spring Break - even though I'm too old for Spring Breaks. This next week and a half has some very good things in store for me. I will be spending some much needed time by the pool or at the beach and with my parents. Then I will get to go see my sister and take in all that is her life these days - ie. go to visit her school and meet her kids, stay in her apartment, live the semi-city life for a couple days. And we will run our 1st 1/2 marathon together! 2 years ago I never would have dreamed I could run that much....I didn't think I could run a mile. :) So this is quite a big step for me and it will be a great accomplishment! I am looking so forward to all these things.

For those of you following that would like to know (as a side note), Dave got to his destination safely and I heard from him via email today - so all is well. I hope that you all will join me in prayer for the safety of him and others like him that work to protect our country and for their families.


Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. correction: you are never too old for spring break :)

    ReplyDelete