Eden Background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bittersweet Days

Well, Dave has the next couple days off which is great! I am excited to get to spend some good quality time with him - maybe go to the beach, sleep in, run around together. I love these days, but I always hate these days. He is leaving for 45ish days and that makes me sad to think about. His trips are always a time for great introspection on my part and I hope that during this trip I will be able to overcome my "automatic thoughts" and instead focus on all the things I can accomplish for him to be proud of when he returns.

We have spent the past two evenings with sweet friends - just enjoying time together, laughing and fellowshipping.

On another note - lots of people are pregnant. I really wish I was at the place in life where we were ready to start having babies. I'm just putting it out there. If I wasn't in school and Dave traveling 6 months out of the year I would SERIOUSLY be on that baby train!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. that definitely is bittersweet, but I'm glad you get to spend some good time together before he leaves!

    I would love for you to jump on the baby train.
    hell i would love to jump on the baby train, life's always gettin in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.

    Everyone is pregnant.

    but wasn't it just yesterday that we said the same thing about other people getting married? life goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete