Eden Background

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seedlings


Projects, projects, everywhere! I am still in the middle of re-finishing the dresser. I had a slight hold up in finishing the sanding of it due to an inadequate amount of sanding materials and unfortunately haven't been able to get some more. Also, since I have school this weekend, I won't probably get to work on it more until next week. Meanwhile, my innate need for an on-going project surfaced and I decided to start nurturing some seedlings. I hope to grow lavender, zinnias and impatiens. I am not very experienced in keeping plants alive until this past winter when I cut back my chrysanthemum (which happens to be in the background), brought it inside, re-potted it and now it is flourishing! All of my other plants outside are trying to come back as well, including mums, a camellia and a hydrangea!

In other news, some of you may already be aware of the fact that my sweet Aunt Kim, Uncle Dale and their 3 children are raising funds to adopt "Hope" from Ethiopia. I know I don't have a ton of followers yet, but I hope that maybe we can spread the word about their efforts in any way possible. You can follow their adoption process and hopefully DONATE through their blog:
http://embracingtheleastofthese.blogspot.com

Thanks (as always) for reading.

1 comment:

  1. how exciting for your aunt and uncle
    I'd like to get some planting started hopefully I will next week! I love your profjects, can't wait to see that dresser.

    ReplyDelete