Eden Background

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome Spring!

This morning when I woke up and took Beesley outside, it actually felt warm-ish! What an amazing feeling! Supposedly it has been a harsh and long winter for the entire country, but when you live in Florida and are used to saying, "Why is it still hot?" the extra-long chilly weather can really hit you hard.

We went to Stuart this weekend to see my parents. It is always a nice and relaxing time when we are there. We drove down to Jupiter Island and drove through one of the ritzy neighborhoods. Then when we were driving back to town we stopped at an overpass over the river and saw some manatees. It was such a lovely day!

For those who do not know, I am training for a 1/2 marathon. I am going to Kansas City, MO to visit my lovely sister and we are running the race together on April 10th. So far the longest distance I've run is 9 1/2 miles! This is huge! The most I had run before starting this training was 9 miles. So I've officially started going beyond what I know I can do. I am praying through this training as well because I know that I am weak and without strength given to me by God, I would quit. I hope you all will pray with me - especially as we get closer to the race - that we (Laura and I) will stay injury free and hydrated and motivated.
I am very excited about running this race - especially since I am running it with my sister (who I consider my motivator and coach)!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment